Here are some statistics from my collection:
- Approximately 860 men were named John (or Johnathan, Johnnie, etc.) Newcomb
- Around 660 men were named Charles Newcomb
- 326 women were named Sarah Newcomb
- Over 600 Newcomb men had a wife named Mary
- 151 Newcombs married someone named Smith
- Close to 3,000 individuals have unknown parents
I enjoy helping people find information on their ancestors. But I am sometimes overwhelmed by the numbers.
Keep in mind that if you write to me and say, "My great-grandparents were John and Mary Newcomb," I won't be able to find them. Inquiries should contain as much specific information as possible. Include whatever you know, such as dates of birth, death, and marriage, names of children or siblings, names of parents, etc.